Child Support

Until a child turns 18 both parents are financially responsible for that child. (no matter the custody arrangements)  In the event of divorce, both parents continue supporting the child financially and therefore a child support system is implemented. When deciding the child support arrangement a variety of factors are taken into consideration (e.g., income of both parents, who is in custody of the child, and other specifics to the situation).  Child support calculators are implemented in calculating child support obligations that have been established by Utah statutes and law.
Contact Stevens & Gailey, P.C. for a free consultation and any legal advice or assistance you may need.